I have a dream that someday we have the strength to do whatever it takes to make our communities safe again. We have to get back to basic community Policing! I believe that it starts with hiring within our communities. I believe we must create and expand opportunities for young people! We must embrace effective Cadet, Coop, & Internship programs for our young people! - David Grogan, Candidate for Prince George’s County Sheriff
We must identify those many, many young people of strong moral character, which has been instilled in them by their parents and their families. Then we must fully train these individuals and continue to offer opportunities for continuous growth & development for our youth and our communities.
- Recruiting and hiring within the community is the basis for effective “Community Policing”!
- Anything outside of that is politically driven, doesn’t appropriately serve the community, and breeds government sponsored police brutality. We can do better! Our children’s and the next generation deserve better. Their future matters!!
- Create a Sheriff's Department Office of Integrity and Professional Responsibility
- Accountability and Transparency over PGPD and Municipal Police Departments
- Create a Sheriff Department Duty Threat Develop Internships, Cooperative Education, and Cadet Programs
- Matrix To Prioritize Solving and Preventing Violent Crime
- Expand the positive visibility role of the Deputy Sheriff by providing crossing guard support for our schools and our most dangerous roads
- Ensure resources are allocated to maximize road and pedestrian safety, including sidewalks and traffic lights
- Professionalize and convert the School Resources Officers (SROs) Program to School Resource Agents
- Ensuring residents have maximum information and awareness of impending evictions
- Restructure the vetting and hiring and promotional processes